Thursday, May 8, 2008

Book Review

I read Forbidden Religion by Kenyon.

Here is an abbreviated version of my review:

It was overall a very interesting book on the Christian Religion. All of the essays were on aspects of the religion that are generally overlooked for political reasons. While it was fascinating, a lot of the claims made by the various authors had little factual backing. It sounded to me like a lot of them had their little pet theories and used the book as a way of attempting to pick up believers. There were a few claims that were very good and did have a lot of factual backing.

I recommend reading this book for entertainment, and using the crazy theories as a stepping stone to looking into the religion, because I feel that even the craziest might have a grain of truth within it. There is much in Christian history that has been rewritten or left out all together.

No comments: