Thursday, May 8, 2008

Religion

I had chosen to read Forbidden Religion, because of its questioning nature. I too question the Christian religion, and in fact all organized religions. They seem to me to be more political than actually about faith.

Sure, the people on the bottom of the rung have true faith. But, the truth is that most organizers of religion are trying to get money and power.

One thing that the book pointed out a lot is that there are parts of even the Bible that the heads of the various branches of Christianity tend to ignore.

I apologize in advance for the rant that is about to come.

Christianity really angers me. A LOT.

So here is a list of things that I think should be contemplated by the people in modern society. I am not trying to be offensive. I just think that a lot of people do not even know what they believe in. I truly feel that it is a person's choice to believe in whatever religion they want [as long as it does not involve the suffering as any living creature] and I believe in a higher power. I honestly wish I could still have faith in the Christian religion, but I feel that I cannot.

Anyways, here are some interesting things that I have thought about:

-All Christians who are racially prejudiced cannot be true Christians. Jesus was born in the Middle East. So therefor he cannot be the Caucasian man that is the common image.
-All Christians who put down the Jewish religion cannot be true Christians. Jesus was Jewish. How could he have possibly been Christian?
-The Bible is not italicized or underlined. If we truly live in a society that separates church and state, why should the book of the Christian religion get special treatment over nonreligious text?
-How can a true feminist also be truly Christian? In the Bible it was an accepted practice to beat your wife. Women were subservient.
-The Bible is very contradictory of itself. Could it possibly be that it is filled with stories that are meant to be read for their moral content, and not taken word for word as truth?
-Incest is wrong...there are so many bad consequences to it. Yet....if the world was submerged in water and only Noah, his family, and 2 of every creature survived.....doesn't that mean that every creature is descendant of an incest relationship?

No comments: