Monday, October 22, 2007

Please Excuse Me While I Rant

Before watching Faces of the Enemy, we were warned that there would be disturbing images in the movie. I found something far more disturbing than the gore we were warned about: crazy delusional people. There was one lady who was giving a speech on how things were better when we lived by the law of God. She discussed the old days. She discussed a time when murderers were put to death. It sounds alright, but there is something wrong, it is not known yet what is wrong, the realization has not yet hit that this lady is crazy. Her next statement asserts any suspicions that the viewer has on her insanity. She says that in the good old days, when God ruled all, we executed the homosexuals. Now, it is obvious that she is anti-gay. I am sure that she is horrified by the gay rights movement. I would really like to point out to her that in those good old days, when gays had no rights, she probably wouldn't either. In the good old days, when God ruled all, men ruled all. She would not be making a speech, she would be at home cooking dinner for the man. Seriously, these people make no sense (and I hope as I am typing this that I make sense).

I apologize that this was a rant not on the topic of torture or anything that we have been talking about, it was just something that caught my attention. i felt everyone else should see it too. Thank you for enduring this rant to the end. :)

No comments: