Thursday, April 17, 2008

Let's Play Pass the Opressees

Iraq was oppressed by Saddam Hussein. This was a well known fact. Many people say that since they did not ask for help, we should not have gone to "free" them. There are just as many people who say that they could not ask for help. The fight goes on and on and on.

One thing that I rarely hear about is how the Iraqi people have gone from one oppressor to another. look, I know that the United States does not want to consider itself an oppressor, but I think that in this case it is. I want so bad to believe that it is one of those things that they do not realize, that it is all based in good intentions. This does not make it any less bad.

But, I mean we are trying to force them to have our government. We are still over there with military force...etc...

But back to the good intentions: In Of Mice and Men, Lenny was filled with love. He smothers others with kindness. I wonder if this country is a more dangerous version of Lenny....

No comments: