Monday, March 24, 2008

That was harsh

I guess that my title for my last post should not have been "Vegetarianism and Fear" that was harsh, but it is not letting me edit the post.

But, I have more to add. I realize that most people don't see how our prolonged lives relate to the slaughter of animals. It does completely. We are so afraid of our own deaths that we get scared when we see the death of any other sentient being. And, this relates to our discussion on religion. The way I see it, there are two very obvious reasons why there is a sudden push for vegetarianism in our society.
1. The war: there is death everywhere, so we are really getting scared now and are finally seeing every life as a wonderful thing (which we should have anyways)
2. People are becoming disillusioned with religion, so now what comes next is no longer clear to us. We no longer know if there is a heaven or not, so our fear of death has increased.

No comments: