Monday, March 24, 2008

Um, excuse me?

Disclaimer: I apologize if this offends anyone. And whenever I say "You" it is not directed at any one person, it is to all of the people who opress. So please, whoever said the innocent little comment, please don't take it personally, it just got me thinking and I had to vent somewhere...

Today in class, we were talking about laws and morality. A comment was made about gay marraige. What was said was something like: In the state of Massachusetts we have gay marraige, this is someone pushing their morals on us (Yeah, I know that this isn't exact, but it is the gist of it.).

Um...HELLO?

How is that pushing morals on someone? Please tell me. It is pushing your morals on someone saying that they cannot marry whom they want. Saying that gay marraige is not allowed is as bad as sayign that you have to marry within your class. Legalizing gay marraige is allowing people to do something thta hurts no one. If people don't like it fine, they can just ignore it. Making it legal is not saying that it is morally right, but sayign that it is illegal is saying that it is morally wrong.

And furthermore, allowing it but not calling it marraige is crap. I mean, seriously, are you all that petty that you cannot allow people in love to have the same rights as anyone else in love?

Sorry that this is somewhat off topic....

No comments: